HTH0003: State of the Zunion
Pre-Show 00:15• Taco Bell Mobile Ordering is terrible
• Special guest this week: Cat
• RIP WINDOWS 7 and Server 2008 R2 – Oregon Trail dying music
○ Oct. 22 2009 – January 14, 2020
• Vulnerability from the NSA - CVE-2020-0601
○ Is it actually that big of a deal? Conflicting points of view
Steve does PowerShell 13:50• Let’s talk about foreach loops
○ Two main ways to call foreach in PowerShell
○ $Psitem and $_
○ Serialization and minor changes between Exchange 2010 and Exchange 2016 regarding value output
MyAnalytics the most annoying piece of Microsoft Trash yet. 22:25• What is MyAnalytics?
• On by default in O365 with a few minor exceptions
• Not great for GDPR or privacy
• How to disable it
• Other mildly related MS ethical/privacy blunders: Teams enabled read receipts by default
“Unplanned Outage” (Sponsor section - "Hope this Helps is helped by…") 30:00
• Please Advise
○ If someone needs help, please advise
○ If you want help, "please advise"
○ But be sure to never please advice
○ Start now with offer code advise to receive your first advice free
The IT DEEP STATE 33:33
• State of the Zune in 2020 (State of the Zunion)
• Microsoft is outsourcing Cortana and Skype audio to China
• Apple is scanning iCloud Photos for abuse
• Windows 10 ignores certain names in the hosts file (not quite new news)
Ask the Stiffs? Question of the week! 43:47
Outro - "Plus Delta” 44:14
• What dnd character are you on your team?
• Parting words follow up?
○ Make a sentence using only autocorrect
• Podcast is available on all major platforms now
• Reddit/Twitter/etc all coming soon.
• From all of us here, "We hope this helps!"