HTH0004: We Say Daddy A Lot
Steve wrote a function to get item counts in PSTs 2:25• Started with an unsatisfying script found online
• New script can drill into an indefinite amount of subfolders
• The solution is recursion
• Reminds Tiff of MFCMAPI https://github.com/stephenegriffin/mfcmapi
Uploading PSTs to Office 365 9:45• https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/compliance/use-network-upload-to-import-pst-files
• Data Governance -> Import
• More Azure technologies being used to support O365 administration
• You can upload a PST to Azure Blob Storage and then import it into someone's mailbox
• Tiff discusses the new eDiscovery tool
Microsoft is forcing a Bing Extension onto Chrome users 15:30• https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2020/01/microsofts-sneaky-plan-to-switch-chrome-searches-from-google-to-bing/
• "The change takes place beginning with Version 2002 of Office 365 Pro Plus, and it will affect both new installations and existing installations as they're automatically updated."
• We still <3 Bing Rewards though
The New Windows Clipboard 19:43• From 1809 onward
• Completely reinvents the way you handle moving of data
• Open Settings
• Click on System
• Click on Clipboard
• Turn on Clipboard history
• Enables a new shortcut: Windows + V
• Remembers multiple copied items and lets you select them on demand
• Has a few bugs in certain applications (Excel), and won't really pass through RDP.
Git It (What are some cool utilities on GitHub?) 23:30• Tiff's picks:
§ Highlight: PowerRename
• Steve's picks:
○ Caprine https://github.com/sindresorhus/caprine/
○ Spleeter https://github.com/deezer/spleeter
○ PowerShell https://github.com/PowerShell/powershell
○ Dolphin https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin
○ StevenBlack Hosts https://github.com/StevenBlack/hosts
○ Google Play Music Desktop Player https://github.com/MarshallOfSound/Google-Play-Music-Desktop-Player-UNOFFICIAL-
What is Microsoft going to Thelma and Louise? 32:33• O365 EOS roadmap
• Search-Mailbox cmdlet is going away, update your scripts!
• SharePoint Classic is being sunset? Microsoft has been historically unclear on its end-of-life timeline
• Office 2013 to O365 support is ending, as is Office for Mac 2016
• Basic authentication
Variety Hour 39:05• A brief tangent about POP and IMAP
• A brief tangent about Doctor Who and House MD
• Another somewhat major vulnerability is discovered (this time with IE), no patch till February (CVE-2020-0674)
○ "Consider using Microsoft Edge or an alternate browser until patches are made available."
• Microsoft Edge, Chromium, WebKit, and the IE-ification of Google Chrome
Steve does PowerShell 46:57• Custom objects
Ask the Stiffs? Question of the week! 50:15• What is your favorite Windows Shortcut?
• A tangent about George Costanza and a wallet full of receipts
Outro - "Plus Delta" 54:57• We help you, you help us: Rate us on iTunes
• Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/268339020812998/
• You can watch the raw/unedited feed of the podcast at https://www.twitch.tv/hopethishelps
• From all of us here, "We hope this helps!"