HTH0012: I Now Fit Into Society
Boot-Up (Intro…random topics) 00:18• WFH killed Steve's router, got a new one (NetGear r7800 with DD-WRT custom firmware)
• Wear a green shirt in video meetings and use the background feature to change your shirt color
• Bing for a cure
• Ignite be digital
• New PowerShell thing that isn't fully baked yet
• Microsoft Extends the EOL date for Basic Authentication
Catalina Sucks 21:38• It seems MacOS Catalina (older versions seem fine..) has issues with WPA3.
• Acceptable auth (DD-WRT settings): WPA2 Personal with CCMP-128 (AES), CCMP-256, GCMP, or GCMP-256.
• Selecting "WPA2 with SHA256" or "WPA3 Personal / SAE" = No wifi for you (on Catalina)
• Scorched Earth: Steve filed Feedback and a bug report to Apple
OK Zoomer 26:15• So many security flaws and shady behavior: Link
○ Professional Zoom-bombers
○ 2 new macOS vulnerabilities…patched now: Link
○ Installer bypassed macOS security, now Zoom is Zooming to save face: Link
○ Encryption "not suited for secrets" Link
○ Zoom calls went through China: Link
• Follow-up from Zoom CEO: Link
• Trust not earned: Elon Musk bans Zoom: Link - "Please use email, text or phone as alternate means of communication."
"Unplanned Outage" (Sponsor section - "Hope this Helps is helped by…") 34:25• Bowel MoVeMenT
• Answering conference calls in the bathroom
M is the new O 36:48• Teams updates
• Office 365 is now Microsoft 365 after April 21: Link
• "Don't worry-you don't need to do a thing. Your product services, apps, and features will stay the same, along with the price. Your subscription name will update automatically in the admin center and your monthly billing statements on or after April 21, 2020."
• Office 365 ProPlus is now Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise: Link
• Follow-up: Before O365, it was known as Microsoft Business Productivity Online Suite (BPOS)