HTH0018: Don't Go JSON Waterfalls
Boot-Up (Intro…random topics)
- Closet options
- The new Outlook search doesn't work well with the Windows Clipboard
- Buy yourself M365 features
- Update on wattage distribution for Raspberry Pi NAS + 2 USB SSDs - 30w Anker brick - P(W) = I(A) × V(V)
- EXO v2 Cmdlets are GA - "I can't believe this is GA. It has so many issues, uses global variables everywhere, and doesn't work on PowerShell 7"
- Microsoft Print Service
- Microsoft not selling facial recognition tech to law enforcement
It's-a me, MFArio!
- Nintendo accounts breached
- Let's explain why this is happening (tl;dr: enable MFA!)
State of the Zunion
- Follow-up on Zune video converter - Anvsoft Any Video Converter has presets for converting to the correct video formats for Zune. Was also able to get a working MediaCoder preset for the Zune 80 and Zune HD at least.
Don't Go JSON Waterfalls - Running Windows Terminal as another user
- GitHub Issue
- I found a workaround for this by running the application as-is, and then just modifying the JSON config file to include entries to spawn PowerShell sessions as another user. Note that this will not get the new session to run a new tab, rather, it will launch a new window. It DOES work however as available drop-down options. Would be nice to see this baked into the application where instead of opening a new window, it will just open in-place as a new tab instead. Add new entry(ies) to your Windows Terminal's settings.json file, in the vein of the below examples:
- Example code
“Unplanned Outage” (Sponsor section - "Hope this Helps is helped by…")
- Next Generation IoT
- Google Home with Poop Mode
- Apple's new outdoor expansion: GnomePod
- Even Amazon is getting in on the action - Introducing Amazon Home Fire. Engulf your whole dwelling
Don't forget to wash your sox
- What is sox auditing?
- The Sarbanes Oxley Act requires all financial reports to include an Internal Controls Report. This shows that a company's financial data are accurate (within 5% variance) and adequate controls are in place to safeguard financial data. Year-end financial disclosure reports are also a requirement. An independent external SOX auditor is required to review controls, policies, and procedures during a Section 404 audit.
- Essentially the biggest yearly PIA
Configuring multiple managers of a single AD group
- "Managed by" only lets you configure a single user as a manager, no groups.
- Workaround via "write member" ACLs or Add-ADPermission
- On the ACL, configure the principal, set it to "Allow" "This object only," ensuring only "write members" is checked.