HTH0020: Attention Deficit ATP
Alternate episode name candidates:
- Undiagnosed ATP
- F'd 5
- The Bad Nasty
- I Want It To Be The Only Thing Dinging
- Are You My TAM?
- One Classy Pizza Box
Boot-Up (Random topics)
- Web content filtering with Microsoft Defender ATP now in public preview
- What the HEVC?
- CVE-2020-1425 | Microsoft Windows Codecs Library Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- CLARIFICATION: HEVC is not related to the iOS file format HEIC.
- What The F5? No seriously if you have an F5 device you need to stop reading this and patch
- US considering banning TikTok
- Teams Announcements - Together Mode!
- Examining network issues with Teams at the client side - MS Docs - Pulling Logs
- Complaints about notifications, pop-out, etc.
Dock it and Pull It
- Docker Compose
- Examples: Plex, QBitTorrent, FileBrowser, Minecraft, httpd
- Why do we care? IaC / Azure / etc
- Docker and Kubernetes comparisons
- Example YML for Plex
What the P-P-P-PowerApp?
- PowerShell vs Power Automate vs Logic Apps
- Gripe about Windows Admin Center for a bit
- "Never RDP into a server again"
- Firefox support is iffy
- FOLLOW-UP : Shared Connections seems to work in Firefox as of WAC 1910.2.
- Slow load times
- Can't connect to servers in batches
- Credential management is annoying: "To perform a single sign-in using your Windows account, you might need to set up Kerberos constrained delegation."
- Tabbed UI when?
- Local groups management not possible?
- Scheduled tasks (no import options?) etc
- CORRECTION: WAC updates more then semi-annually
Steve Does PowerShell
- What to do if you can't update modules
- Unable to resolve package source 'https://www.powershellgallery.com/api/v2'
- TLS 1.0 could be the culprit. You can run this per-user command to fix it:
[Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol = [Net.SecurityProtocolType]::Tls12
That Is Accurate
- Email existed before the world wide web
Ask the Stiffs: Question of the Week
- If you could bring one technology back what would it be?