HTH0021: Your DNS Is Showing
- Teams notifications don’t adhere to Focus Assist
- Your DNS is showing, patch now
- Can be easily mitigated until patches can be applied. - PowerShell
- "The workaround is compatible with the security update. However, the registry modification will no longer be needed after the update is applied. Best practices dictate that registry modifications be removed when they are no longer needed to prevent potential future impact that could result from running a nonstandard configuration."
- Nitty gritty details
- Modern Auth and Unattended Scripts in Exchange Online PowerShell V2
- Dark Web Creds - Enable MFA
- The big Twitter breach of July 2020
- Outlook Outage
- Microsoft 365 Click-to-Run Current Channel – dating back to June 30’s Version 2006 Build 13001.2026
- Patch Management Mailing List
- CORRECTION: The mailing list is presently a Google Group
- Office 2013 Support EOL for M365
- Office Configuration Support Matrix
Don't be "that" Sysadmin
- Cool your jets at work
- Steve's patented "five minute reply rule"
- Inbox rules delaying sent messages
- In Outlook: "Apply this rule after I send the message: Defer delivery by 2 minutes"
- Wait before replying to IMs..you'll be amazed at how people solve their own problems
- Grammar and spelling is important. Do not skimp on this.
- Don't be a Dingus - DBaD
- Be objective
- Misc tips
Tiff breaks PowerShell
- Installing the Teams Preview Module…
- If the older version is installed, you may not be able to run any Teams CMDlet
- https://www.poshtestgallery.com/packages/MicrosoftTeams/1.0.25 (current version)
- https://www.azure365pro.com/microsoft-teams-powershell/ Even better walk through and installation
“Unplanned Outage” (Sponsor section - "Hope this Helps is helped by…")
- Teams Smells - Smell your coworkers remotely
- People claiming to invent things
- People who ACTUALLY invent things
- A brief tangent about FIRST Robotics
USELESS OBSOLETE KNOWLEDGE YOU DIDN'T ASK FOR
- HP Procurve Switches - 2824 and 5406zl
- Lifetime warranties
- Random quirks - core switch needs reset after a while for random reasons
- 2824 Web UI is Java only (with certain security settings disabled), password limit for 2824s is 15 characters max
- -Go to [version number may vary]: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_131\lib\security\java.security
- *On a Mac it's <disk>/Library/Internet Plug-ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/lib/security/java.security
- -Open with a text editor
- -Search for "jdk.jar.disabledAlgorithms=MD2, MD5, RSA keySize < 1024"
- -Comment this out with "#" the beginning
- show tech all will output a ton of configuration information for HPE support.
- Connect via PuTTY with logging enabled to save it to a file.
- HP ProCurve is now known as HP Networking.
That Is Accurate
- PowerShell's original name was Monad. Exchange 2007 was one of the first products to really take advantage of it.
Ask the Stiffs: Question of the Week
- Do you listen to music while working? With lyrics or without?