HTH0024: By Accidentally Good Enough
- WAC Corrections from HTH0020:
- You can successfully add a group to the local administrators now it seems. When adding a user, enter the group in the syntax of "domainname\groupname"
- Shared Connections pane now loads in Firefox it seems.
- Salty Teams Logs
- Patch KeePassRPC again - for additional protections (not as urgent)
- FBI: Get off Windows 7 - Exploits being used in the wild
- ...But who cares because there's Vulnerabilities Inside ™
- Maybe Apple knew this in advance and that's why they're moving to ARM…
- Discussion: Intel has really fallen behind in terms of progress
- MS has had enough of the App Store rules - xCloud has been denied
I <3 Robocopy
- Works over spotty VPNs
- Multithread options
- The /mir switch
robocopy "C:\myfolder\thingtocopy" "D:\destfolder\thingtocopy" /mir /eta
- Why isn't this just default in the GUI? PowerToys?
- The Color Picker tool was recently added, so why not this too?
ITSM Escalation Do's and Don'ts:
- Escalate with no details
- Leave Illegible notes
- Leave too many useless notes (verbosity/extracurriculars/chat logs)
- Promise impossible things to the customer
- Escalate to a more expensive team if you can help it - "Minimize overall cost of support by resolving most issues with less costly resources and automation and filtering only the more complex issues to more expensive, less available support resources"
- Tie up Tier 3 IT and prevent them from working on capital projects/etc.
- Ask the dumb questions, no matter how dumb
- Do the dumb things: Check the network, ping things
- Take screenshots
- Google it
- If you think it might need approval, seek it out
- Look good for promotion opportunities
- Check AD (you probably have read access), pull logs
That Is Accurate
- "ALASKA" is the only geographical state whose name can be typed on the keyboard using only one row. Not accurate for AZERTY, or DVORAK though.
Ask the Stiffs: Question of the Week
- How do you organize your piles and piles of emails?
- CORRECTION: Exchange Rules Quota range is 32KB to 256KB
- Gmail labels vs Outlook categories vs Folders
- It's too bad Microsoft doesn't consistently support categories