HTH0041: This is Commander Bezos' Land
Alternate episode name candidates:
- We Help This Hopes
- Azure Arc, doo doo doo doo doo doo
- The PowerShell Grannies
- We help this hopes
Microsoft Ignite 21H2
- November 2021 Book of News
- Defender madness - so many confusing name changes!
- Defender name change 2020 - MTP to M365 Defender
- Defender name change 2021 - "Azure Security Center"/"Azure Defender" is now "Defender for Cloud." Also, "Azure Security Center" and "Azure Defender", is now called "Microsoft Defender for Cloud." Also, "Azure Defender for IoT" is now "Microsoft Defender for IoT." Also, "Microsoft Cloud App Security" is now "Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps." Also, new thing: Microsoft Defender for Business
- Azure Container Apps | Splash Page
- Multi-Cloud MultiBall
- "Now, native support for multicloud environments is available through the extension of Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM) and Cloud Workload Protection capabilities to Amazon Web Services (AWS)."…Do other clouds actually want Microsoft to butt in?
- Actual quote from someone (Mary Jo Foley?) at Microsoft: "It's like a Big Mac: Have it Your Way"
- Tiff's experience working at Wendy's
- LOOP THERE IT IS
- Does it replace OneNote?? (No)
- Does it replace Whiteboard? (Maybe?)
- So where does it fit?
- Clarification: Loop is an Office app.
- The feature imparity between Windows and Mac versions of certain Office apps
- Couldn't Microsoft just release Wine versions of Windows apps and call it a day? Microsoft <3 Open Source, right???
- MS Roadmap updated and has moved MS Teams connect to March 2022, I just want shared channels.
- Shared Channels as of June 2021
- Speed/ease of use - When people choose illogical/unexpected solutions
- A 15 person Teams Chat vs a formal Teams Channel
- Emailing files to yourself vs using OneDrive
- Notepad or Notepad++ vs VS Code or OneNote
- SMS vs Slack/Teams/Messenger
- Remember Viva?
PowerShell's store version versus the standalone MSI version
- Frustrating differences between them
- C:\Program Files\PowerShell\7\pwsh.exe
- C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.PowerShell_22.214.171.124_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\pwsh.exe
- VS Code integration for Store version is off
- Running as a different user can get hairy
- Just install the MSI version, the Store version is annoying
- Installing PowerShell on macOS via HomeBrew is fantastic
This is the way
- Microsoft presents for a long time about why passwords suck
- Types of Passwordless auth include:
- OTPS: One-time Pin
- Push Notifications
- FIDO keys(Tiff has one of these, it's pretty cool) She's also been trying to get it to work with windows.
- Wii Vitality Sensor
- Unlock your Mac with your Apple Watch
- iOS Security Guide - Page 8 - Passcode supersedes biometrics at first boot
- Are passwords and policies truly worthless?
- Counterpoint: They have their place in the correct use cases.
State of the Zunion
- Steve's attempts to get Zune working on macOS Big Sur
wine64 startzunelocal.exe /qb! /accepteula #Errors out
wine64 msiexec /i x64/packages/zune-x64.msi /qn /norestart #error regarding Windows Firewall
brew install winetricks
wine64 regsvr32 mscoree.dll #didn't matter
wine64 "c:\program files\zune\zune.exe" #Errors out with a ton of various console messages